Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Mass. beach alliance seeks funding
Phase one of the project, costing about $3.5 million, was completed this spring. Money to pay for phase two, about $5 million, has been approved. Bids for the second phase are expected to go out within the month.
The letter from the Alliance states, "The north jetty continues to deteriorate and that deterioration threatens navigation and the accelerating erosion of Salisbury Beach.
"The letter added, "Storms destroyed large parts of Salisbury's protective beachfront dunes and damaged many beachfront homes. Hundreds of homes and businesses are gravely threatened."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mont Vernon man survives latest 'American Idol' cut - 0
- Superintendent named for SAU 19 - 0
- Air Refueling Wing members rally to help comrade's family - 0
- Snodeo offers a peek at latest snowmobile models - 0
- Anne Frank play planned - 0
- Fans still really glad to see John Ford Coley perform hits from '70s - 0
- PSU hosts high school jazz festival March 11 - 0
- Husband-and-wife team showcases YoYo skills, sense of humor Saturday - 0
- Battle of the Bands marches into Newmarket's Stone Church this month - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
New Bedford town manager takes the helm
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Win tickets to see Bill Engvall
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax