Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH vs. Maine, times four, starting in 2014
They will double that number the following year.
UNH and Maine are putting together a deal that will have them face off four times in both the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
Each season, they will play one Hockey East league game in Durham and one in Orono. They will also play one non-conference game at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester and one at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, according to an official in the UNH athletics department.
The dates are still being sorted out.
Hockey East teams have traditionally played three league games against each other. That number has been cut back to two this year as the league expands to 11 teams with the addition of Notre Dame. Teams will now play each other twice a year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 10
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved