Hanagan 14s prepare for Babe Ruth World Series
“You’ve got to make the simple plays,” he said. “The goal is to get 21 outs in a seven-inning game. From a good pitcher, you’re going to get anywhere between eight and 10 strikeouts. The other 11 or 13 balls hit will be handled by the defense. If you make the routine simple plays, you’re golden. I’ve been saying it for years.”
The Hanagans are 11-0 this summer, having won their last four games in the New England Regionals in Westfield, Mass., by one run.
Hanagan praised the outfield manned by Joey Silva, Jason Derome, Kyle Jutras, Merrick, Carrier and Nick Sullivan.
“If everyone plays to their potential like I know they can, we’ve got a good shot of winning the World Series,” said Hanagan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0