Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hassan's law: If you don't like it, ignore it
That clearly is the case with the jumbled mess that is Obamacare. Before he flew off to another golfing vacation on Martha's Vineyard, the President explained why he was ignoring the law as to when businesses would come under it. That was supposed to happen soon, but the rules and regulations are both confusing and bad for business. So Obama just decided to ignore the law and put things off for a year.
But when the committee exercised its authority, Gov. Hassan let the state insurance commissioner ignore the committee and the law.
Well, yes, that is what the duly-authorized committee, working under the law, did.
And if Gov. Hassan and President Obama are willing to ignore the law when the law doesn't suit them, what other things have they got in mind?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released