Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hassan's law: If you don't like it, ignore it
That clearly is the case with the jumbled mess that is Obamacare. Before he flew off to another golfing vacation on Martha's Vineyard, the President explained why he was ignoring the law as to when businesses would come under it. That was supposed to happen soon, but the rules and regulations are both confusing and bad for business. So Obama just decided to ignore the law and put things off for a year.
But when the committee exercised its authority, Gov. Hassan let the state insurance commissioner ignore the committee and the law.
Well, yes, that is what the duly-authorized committee, working under the law, did.
And if Gov. Hassan and President Obama are willing to ignore the law when the law doesn't suit them, what other things have they got in mind?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 29
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 22
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate