Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hassan's law: If you don't like it, ignore it
That clearly is the case with the jumbled mess that is Obamacare. Before he flew off to another golfing vacation on Martha's Vineyard, the President explained why he was ignoring the law as to when businesses would come under it. That was supposed to happen soon, but the rules and regulations are both confusing and bad for business. So Obama just decided to ignore the law and put things off for a year.
But when the committee exercised its authority, Gov. Hassan let the state insurance commissioner ignore the committee and the law.
Well, yes, that is what the duly-authorized committee, working under the law, did.
And if Gov. Hassan and President Obama are willing to ignore the law when the law doesn't suit them, what other things have they got in mind?
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 73
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 57
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 59
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America