Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Somber vigil for Josh Savyon
The community of Amherst, where Josh lived with his mother, Becky Kendall Ranes, and his stepfather Ben Ranes, has been reeling since the shooting. The candlelight vigil was organized to give people a place to share their grief and remember Josh, said organizer Mike Costolo.
Candles, donated by the Amherst WalMart and the local Boy Scouts, were lit in memory of Josh, who was preparing to start fourth grade at Wilkins School.
"He meant so much to all of us at Clark-Wilkins," said St. Amand. "We are not used to losing children the way we lost Josh. He will always live in our memories."
"Every now and then, he just bursts into tears," said Cherina Cohen, whose son Malachi was friends with Josh.
Town Adminstrator Jim O'Mara told the gathering that though the events that occurred last Sunday can't be changed, his friends and family should, "Cherish and hold dear those times you got to spend with Josh."
"He just took such joy out of so many different things," she said. "It was just fun to watch him."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax