Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Brady says he wants to play Friday night
Though Brady was not planning to talk to reporters after practice, ESPN cited sources that the veteran quarterback planned to play against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in their preseason game.
A preliminary report from an MRI taken on Brady’s knee showed no damage. Brady has described the injury as a bruise. Some reports have stated that it is a sprain.
“He basically got kicked,” a source told ESPN. “It isn’t like his knee collapsed or somebody rolled up on him. Is there a chance he could be sore and they decide to hold him out of practice? Yeah. Could they decide he shouldn’t play in the game? Probably. But they could also decide it’s just soreness and he needs to work it out. It’s really nothing.”
Brady had surgery on the same knee in 2008 to repair a torn ACL. He was injured during the season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Offensive guard Tyrone Green was placed on injured reserve and offensive lineman Kevin Haslam and wide receiver Michael Jenkins were released by the New England Patriots.
Green signed with the Patriots May 13, was released on May 31, and re-signed July 25. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder, was working with the third team offense in training camp. A fourth-round (133rd overall) draft pick out of Auburn in 2009, Green has played in 41 NFL games with 28 starts at both guard positions. Last season in San Diego, Green started 13 games at left guard.
Jenkins, 31, was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on March 28. A nine-year veteran, Jenkins has played for the Atlanta Falcons (2004-10) and Minnesota Vikings (2011-12). A first-round draft choice (No. 29 overall) by the Falcons out of Ohio State in 2004, he signed with the Minnesota Vikings on July 30, 2011. After two seasons with the Vikings, Jenkins was released in March.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 6
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 6
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans