Mount Washington Hillclimb is Saturday
The 7.6-mile Mount Washington Auto Road, which climbs 4,618-feet to a finish line 6,288-feet above sea level, is a grueling challenge to all competitors.
Cameron Cogburn of Cambridge, Mass., was the overall winner last year in 52:28, finishing ahead of runner-up Cogburn is entered in Saturday’s race, as well.
The top New Hampshire finisher last summer was Chad Young of Newmarket. He pedaled into eighth place in a time of 1:00:02.
A cash prize of $1,500 will be awarded to the first male and female cyclists.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840