Manchester firm chosen for Nashua school project
Last month, the committee, which is made up of both members of the Board of Education and the Board of Aldermen, heard presentation from four different firms. After mulling it over, they decided on Lavallee-Brensinger of Manchester.
But the recommendation wasn’t unanimous.
“The low bidder is a reputable company but the majority of the committee expressed a preference for a local architect,” said Ryder.
“It’s a serious problem,” he said. “We are never going to get anyone from outside to bid on our jobs.”
Lavallee-Brensinger has been involved in a number of school construction projects in Nashua, including the design of Nashua High School North and the renovation of Nashua High School South. Last year, the city hired the firm to assess the condition of Broad Street, Birch Hill Sunset Heights and Main Dunstable elementary schools, so they were already familiar with the building.
“I’m satisfied with the recommendation,” said Mosher who added there was more to consider that just the fees. “You have to look at the whole picture.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bridge renovation will impact Somersworth traffic - 0
- Removal process begins for Boscawen-Canterbury bridge - 1
- Rail study: Three stations for Nashua - 0
- Control of 18-mile stretch of track could affect commuter rail's return to NH - 5
- Potholes expected to plague NH drivers until weather warms - 2
- Popularity of I-93 high-speed tolls spurs surge in EZ Pass use - 5
- Study finds demand for Manchester-Concord public transit - 7
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election