Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Ex-officer guilty of felony in I-93 crash
Connare avoided a conviction on a drunken-driving misdemeanor charge, as well as two assault-related charges. The trial was held Monday and Tuesday at Hillsborough County Superior Court-North.
"Any conviction on a Class B felony, it's a major accomplishment. It opens the possibility for major punishment," said Merrimack County Attorney Scott Murray.
The crash took place about 7 p.m. on I-93 southbound, just south of the Exit 6 interchange.
At the time, state police said speed and alcohol were contributing factors. Connare, who was off-duty at the time, drove his Mazda A-3 compact into the rear of a Mazda Tribute SUV. Police said Connare's car pushed the SUV off the road and into a bridge abutment. The driver, Hudson resident Heather O'Regan, suffered fractured ribs.
Procedures call for judges to rule on Class B misdemeanors. Superior Court Judge Kenneth Brown rendered the not-guilty verdict on the drunken-driving charge.
"As a tactical matter, if you prosecute a (felony) DWI and you don't prove intoxication, you've got a problem," he said. He said the penalty for a felony DWI conviction is the same as the reckless conduct conviction.
"Obviously, the area where it happened — on an interstate highway — there are serious public safety concerns," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917