Two-day Greenfield event
Top athletes due at Hampshire 100 bike race
Cyclists get ready to start the 2012 Hampshire 100 Ultra-Endurace 100 mile bike race in Oak Park, Greenfield, N.H. Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports Program is the beneficiary. The 7th Annual Hampshire 100 is now a two day event starting this Saturday with a run followed by the mountain bike race Sunday. (Courtesy)
The foundation's accessible recreation and sports program for the disabled is just one of the beneficiaries of the Hampshire 100 and it has been from the start, he said.
The program provides skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, cycling and horseback riding and supports the foundation's mission of helping the disabled pursue fulfilling lives as members of their communities, and enjoying the outdoors is certainly part of that, Redmond said.
More than 50 runners have signed up for the race.
The Cyclocross and Short Track races on Saturday evening are also expected to also attract 50 or more cyclists.
"The mountain bike race is a real favorite among our riders because it tests their skills and stamina, making it a true endurance event," said Randi Whitney, Hampshire 100 event director with the Eastern Fat Tire Association, which holds the event each year. "Riders come back year after year for its well-groomed and marked trails, its challenging route, and the sheer fun of the ride that winds through the beautiful and varied terrain of southern New Hampshire. Cyclists — from pros to first timers — ride to their maximum ability and share experiences and cultures from across the country. It's a great event."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Fond memories of helping 'Gramp' search for Grandmother Cole's Christmas tree - 0
- New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Freemasons award Raymond selectman for service to town - 0
- Hooksett residents had few kind words for town in survey - 1
- For those in need, New Horizons greenhouse changes everything - 0
- Dartmouth professor names 5 fun, creative stocking stuffers - 0
- Skiing and snowboarding are the tip of the resort iceberg at Bretton Woods - 0
- 'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge - 0
- Josh Logan at British Beer Company - 1
New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Fond memories of helping 'Gramp' search for Grandmother Cole's Christmas tree
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved