Two-day Greenfield event
Top athletes due at Hampshire 100 bike race
The foundation's accessible recreation and sports program for the disabled is just one of the beneficiaries of the Hampshire 100 and it has been from the start, he said.
The program provides skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, cycling and horseback riding and supports the foundation's mission of helping the disabled pursue fulfilling lives as members of their communities, and enjoying the outdoors is certainly part of that, Redmond said.
More than 50 runners have signed up for the race.
The Cyclocross and Short Track races on Saturday evening are also expected to also attract 50 or more cyclists.
"The mountain bike race is a real favorite among our riders because it tests their skills and stamina, making it a true endurance event," said Randi Whitney, Hampshire 100 event director with the Eastern Fat Tire Association, which holds the event each year. "Riders come back year after year for its well-groomed and marked trails, its challenging route, and the sheer fun of the ride that winds through the beautiful and varied terrain of southern New Hampshire. Cyclists — from pros to first timers — ride to their maximum ability and share experiences and cultures from across the country. It's a great event."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Free Introduction to Fishing Class Offered at Umbagog - 0
- More than plants grow in 4-H Teaching Garden - 0
- Replicas of 19th century ships to sail off Seacoast - 0
- Goffstown considering grant application for rail trail project - 0
- Panel OKs auction house in Salem industrial district - 0
- Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour - 0
- Next sign-up begins Aug. 11 for community-supported fishery - 0
- Energy Commission lays out roadmap for improving efficiency - 0
- A taste of the Old West in Pelham at The Great Nor'easter - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail