Home » Opinion » Editorials
Police, not prayer: What’s wrong with the picture in Concord?
We suppose that is wise, although the proper weapons and safety training of willing and able on-site school personnel is more likely to help more in such situations.
What is really wrong with this picture, however, is that while police in riot gear are accepted and acceptable at Concord High School, a solitary, unarmed woman praying on the school’s steps is strictly prohibited.
“She’s not teaching prayer; she’s not out there asking kids to come with (her),” Connolly had told the Concord Monitor in May. “She does not promote religion.”
We think the school would be safer if it had both the praying woman AND the police practice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus