Home » News » Roads and Travel
Derry looks at what to do with roads once private
Councilor Mark Osborne brought up the issue at a recent Town Council meeting, noting that he had been contacted by several residents of Hilda Avenue concerned about the state of their road.
Fowler said the condition of Hilda Avenue points to the issue officials have in addressing many roads the town has taken control of at Rainbow Lake and in other areas during the past decade.
A limited annual paving budget means blacktopping all desired roads will take time.
Paving the entire Rainbow Lakes area would cost about $1 million, he said, which would be close to the entire town paving budget for the year. Fowler said it will be five to seven years before the entire Rainbow Lake area is paved.
Councilor Brad Benson suggested the public works department come before the council with an update on its plan and schedule for paving the former private roads in town.
He said it would be helpful to have a ranking of the order in which the roads will be paved.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Guard unit receives award for extraordinary service - 2
- 'NH National Guard Day' proclaimed by governor - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Pearl Harbor survivors remember attack - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child