NH's Chelso Barrett gains match play in U.S. Amateur Championship
Barrett, of Bretwood Golf Course in Keene, completed the two-day stroke play format with a 2-over-par 72-70-142 score. His even-par 70 Tuesday featured birdies on the par-5, 605-yard 12th hole and par-4, 496-yard 15th hole.
"The competition and the intensity level is 100 times higher here (in Brookline)," said Barrett, who trailed fellow Granite Stater Chris Houston of Gilford by one stroke entering Tuesday's round.
Williamson carved out a one-over 71 Tuesday following his four-over 74 round on Monday. His two birdies on holes 6 and 7 Tuesday couldn't offset three bogeys that eventually cost him a match play berth by one stroke.
Two other New Hampshire players who missed the cut Tuesday were Evan Russell of Grantham (76-70-146) and Will McLaughlin of Bedford (83-76-159).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: 'My very dear Mary…' Letters to Mary Bell - 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame nursing school fostered excellence and compassion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings