NH's Chelso Barrett gains match play in U.S. Amateur Championship
Barrett, of Bretwood Golf Course in Keene, completed the two-day stroke play format with a 2-over-par 72-70-142 score. His even-par 70 Tuesday featured birdies on the par-5, 605-yard 12th hole and par-4, 496-yard 15th hole.
"The competition and the intensity level is 100 times higher here (in Brookline)," said Barrett, who trailed fellow Granite Stater Chris Houston of Gilford by one stroke entering Tuesday's round.
Williamson carved out a one-over 71 Tuesday following his four-over 74 round on Monday. His two birdies on holes 6 and 7 Tuesday couldn't offset three bogeys that eventually cost him a match play berth by one stroke.
Two other New Hampshire players who missed the cut Tuesday were Evan Russell of Grantham (76-70-146) and Will McLaughlin of Bedford (83-76-159).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan