No school redistricting for this year in Manchester
Livingston told the Board of School Committee at its meeting Monday that she didn't believe minor changes proposed by her predecessor, Thomas Brennan, could be implemented as planned this fall.
“It is something that needs to be done in the near future,” Livingston told the board. “We need to do something to ensure class size is more evenly distributed over the school district and to develop some feeder patterns, so children when they’re beginning school, and continue to live in the same house, they know where they’ll graduate from high school.”
In other business Monday, the school board voted to allocate $94,000 to replace the bleachers at Manchester High School West in time for the start of the school year.
“I was talking to administrators at West in June,” he said. “They found that there will be 77 events right at the beginning of the year that would have to be changed because of the condition the bleachers are in. I don’t think it’s fair for any student to have to go through that.”
The board voted to allocate the funds for the bleachers from the district's salary line, with the expectation that other budgetary adjustments will be made to restore the line during the course of the school year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?