Manchester school board to review curriculum audit results
Board members are scheduled to officially receive the results of a curriculum audit conducted over the last school year that suggested ways to improve how the committee functions, while also hearing the latest report from the Student Conduct Committee. Tonight’s meeting is slated to get under way at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
The report stresses that the top problem facing the district is the absence of curriculum alignment and assessment across schools. State Department of Education reviews have reported similar conclusions.
Also tonight, school officials will review statistical reports from the Student Conduct Committee regarding student disciplinary decisions.
Of those, seven hearings involved high school students: three for alleged possession of a weapon, two for possession of a weapon with drugs, one for possession of a weapon with disruptive behavior, and one for gross misconduct.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 5
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 12
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen