Long-awaited new library officially opening in Durham next month
Residents are invited to come see the new Durham Public Library on Madbury Road during its grand opening Sept. 8. (COURTESY)
When the town got a glimpse of the new library during a "soft opening" Aug. 1, residents were wowed by the energy-efficient, state-of-the-art building within a 1920s brick Tudor-style house, according to Library Director Thomas Madden.
As part of the ceremony, participants can help dedicate a sculpture to honor Margery and Lorus Milne while listening to music by the band Bliss and selections from alumni of the Oyster River Middle School Jazz Band.
Throughout the celebration, residents can see the library through self-guided and "green" tours.
For more information, visit www.durhampubliclibrary.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record