Long-awaited new library officially opening in Durham next month
Residents are invited to come see the new Durham Public Library on Madbury Road during its grand opening Sept. 8. (COURTESY)
When the town got a glimpse of the new library during a "soft opening" Aug. 1, residents were wowed by the energy-efficient, state-of-the-art building within a 1920s brick Tudor-style house, according to Library Director Thomas Madden.
As part of the ceremony, participants can help dedicate a sculpture to honor Margery and Lorus Milne while listening to music by the band Bliss and selections from alumni of the Oyster River Middle School Jazz Band.
Throughout the celebration, residents can see the library through self-guided and "green" tours.
For more information, visit www.durhampubliclibrary.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket