Home » Sports » Sports Columns
John Habib's City Sports: Field hockey players stick it to cancer
Spearheading the fight against cancer were twin sisters Jenna and Kelly Frietas, senior field hockey players at the time for Manchester Memorial who are now at UMass-Lowell.
Since 2011, Christine — supported by her friends and family, including husband, Robert, and daughter Cara — has survived surgery to remove a tumor near her heart and underwent two successful brain-tumor operations, the last one just four months ago.
There is a $10 admission fee. A silent auction and raffles will be offered to help raise money.
On jamboree day, Playing for a Purpose t-shirts will be sold and organizers will operate a concession stand.
For information and tickets for Milly's Tavern pre-jamboree gala contact Christine Freitas at 759-7728 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inductees include Daniel Hanagan, Bishop Bradley '66; George W. Smith, Bishop Bradley '54; Mark Foley, Trinity '86; Marc Caron, St. Anthony-Trinity '73; Jeff Chenard, Trinity '81; Shane LaPorte, Trinity '92; Tunji Awojobi, Trinity '93; and Chris Brickley, Trinity '05.
The Manchester Babe Ruth League will also welcome donations from the general public.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 1
- Late heroics carried Wildcats to semis - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
- Seabrook nuclear power plant discussion continues on concrete degradation - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH