Home » Sports » Sports Columns
John Habib's City Sports: Field hockey players stick it to cancer
Spearheading the fight against cancer were twin sisters Jenna and Kelly Frietas, senior field hockey players at the time for Manchester Memorial who are now at UMass-Lowell.
Since 2011, Christine — supported by her friends and family, including husband, Robert, and daughter Cara — has survived surgery to remove a tumor near her heart and underwent two successful brain-tumor operations, the last one just four months ago.
There is a $10 admission fee. A silent auction and raffles will be offered to help raise money.
On jamboree day, Playing for a Purpose t-shirts will be sold and organizers will operate a concession stand.
For information and tickets for Milly's Tavern pre-jamboree gala contact Christine Freitas at 759-7728 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The inductees include Daniel Hanagan, Bishop Bradley '66; George W. Smith, Bishop Bradley '54; Mark Foley, Trinity '86; Marc Caron, St. Anthony-Trinity '73; Jeff Chenard, Trinity '81; Shane LaPorte, Trinity '92; Tunji Awojobi, Trinity '93; and Chris Brickley, Trinity '05.
The Manchester Babe Ruth League will also welcome donations from the general public.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed