Welker: Players 'endure' Belichick while Brady is 'demanding'
Welker signed a free agent contract with the Broncos in the offseason.
“It was just kind of hard. One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.”
“When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos’ people are going to think,” Welker said. “I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?”
“He was very intense, wanted it done a certain way and was like, ‘You can’t do it a different way,’ ” Welker said.
Now, he is adjusting to Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.“In New England, if the middle of the field was closed, I’d run a seam route,” Welker said. “It’s something I’ve been doing for six years now, so I have to teach my brain to do it the way (Manning is) expecting me to do it. At the end of the day you run it the way he wants it, or he won’t throw it to you.”Welker will face Belichick and his old team when the Broncos travel to New England on Nov. 24.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth's Memorial Bridge named one of Top 10 bridges of 2013 - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike exact-change lanes to be removed by Friday - 0
- Oddities of winter parking rules - 0
- State highway plan called 'fiscally restrained' - 0
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' - 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl