Home » News » Roads and Travel
Old Home Day Parade returns in Belmont after one year off
Last summer, the downtown's revitalization project tied up the downtown streets along the traditional parade route, and the usually well-attended parade was reduced to a small event at Belmont High School, said Judy Hayes, one of the leaders of Girl Scout Troop 21532.
Local Girl Scouts, meanwhile, have received a donation from the Belmont Heritage Commission and artifacts from the Belmont Historical Society to display on their yearly parade float, and have found some Girl Scout uniforms from decades past, Hayes said. They aren't sure what year the uniforms are from, she said.
"We've been rummaging through all kinds of historical stuff, and we've found some real old uniforms," she said. "But mostly the girls will be wearing colonial dress to fit in with the 'Belmont Pride' theme of the parade."
The Old Home Day parade begins on Main Street at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 4
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start