Old Home Day Parade returns in Belmont after one year off
Last summer, the downtown's revitalization project tied up the downtown streets along the traditional parade route, and the usually well-attended parade was reduced to a small event at Belmont High School, said Judy Hayes, one of the leaders of Girl Scout Troop 21532.
Local Girl Scouts, meanwhile, have received a donation from the Belmont Heritage Commission and artifacts from the Belmont Historical Society to display on their yearly parade float, and have found some Girl Scout uniforms from decades past, Hayes said. They aren't sure what year the uniforms are from, she said.
"We've been rummaging through all kinds of historical stuff, and we've found some real old uniforms," she said. "But mostly the girls will be wearing colonial dress to fit in with the 'Belmont Pride' theme of the parade."
The Old Home Day parade begins on Main Street at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Town councilor wants traffic light at English Range Road and Bypass 28 - 1
- Daughter of Korean Air boss goes ‘nuts’ over nuts - 0
- Exit 4A slowly moves forward - 0
- Momentum stalls for sales of hybrid vehicles - 0
- Volkswagen teases a hydrogen-powered Golf - 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads