Parishoner starts ball rolling on memorial for unborn in Londonderry
After learning that the little garden had been planted in remembrance of infants lost to miscarriage, stillbirth or abortion, Renfer was touched by the poignant gesture.
After getting the go-ahead from church pastor, the Rev. Robert Couto, Renfer, who serves with the Bishop Newman Council 6949 Knights of Columbus of St. Jude Parish, began developing a plan.
The centerpiece of the re-landscaped garden will be a specially designed granite monument, with a carving of Jesus embracing a small child.
Donations are currently being accepted to help complete the project, he noted, while any additional funds needed will come from the Knights’ previous fund-raising efforts.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
- Privacy foremost at hearing on NH bill to restrict government spying, commercial use of drones - 18
- Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery - 1
- Retired judge reprimanded, told remarks were sexist - 5
- Judge issues no ruling on county attorney's suspension - 4
- Retired judge reprimanded for sexist remarks - 0
- Manchester officer cleared in domestic assault is subject of probe - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: '3-G' may go, but 'Memories 2' is coming - 0
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 0
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 0
- Scene in Manchester: City Food Co-op is a fresh idea - 0
- UNH Notebook: Holy Toledo! Only 130 days until football opener - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Suraj K. Budathoki: I am at last happy, for I am at last an American - 0
- Rex Huppke: I, robot employee, work from the couch (wearing shorts) - 0
- Deroy Murdock: How red tape slows one life-saving drug's path to market - 0
- Sox win in wild walk-off over O's - 0
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
CDFA names Caswell new director
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'