Parishoner starts ball rolling on memorial for unborn in Londonderry
Members of St. Jude's Parish in Londonderry are raising funds to build a memorial garden honoring the unborn on the church grounds this fall. The memorial, as depicted in this conceptual illustration with plants and shrubs labeled, will honor the memory of infants lost to miscarriage, stillbirth and abortion. (COURTESY)
After learning that the little garden had been planted in remembrance of infants lost to miscarriage, stillbirth or abortion, Renfer was touched by the poignant gesture.
After getting the go-ahead from church pastor, the Rev. Robert Couto, Renfer, who serves with the Bishop Newman Council 6949 Knights of Columbus of St. Jude Parish, began developing a plan.
The centerpiece of the re-landscaped garden will be a specially designed granite monument, with a carving of Jesus embracing a small child.
Donations are currently being accepted to help complete the project, he noted, while any additional funds needed will come from the Knights’ previous fund-raising efforts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 0
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 0
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 7
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 17
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal