Parishoner starts ball rolling on memorial for unborn in Londonderry
Members of St. Jude's Parish in Londonderry are raising funds to build a memorial garden honoring the unborn on the church grounds this fall. The memorial, as depicted in this conceptual illustration with plants and shrubs labeled, will honor the memory of infants lost to miscarriage, stillbirth and abortion. (COURTESY)
After learning that the little garden had been planted in remembrance of infants lost to miscarriage, stillbirth or abortion, Renfer was touched by the poignant gesture.
After getting the go-ahead from church pastor, the Rev. Robert Couto, Renfer, who serves with the Bishop Newman Council 6949 Knights of Columbus of St. Jude Parish, began developing a plan.
The centerpiece of the re-landscaped garden will be a specially designed granite monument, with a carving of Jesus embracing a small child.
Donations are currently being accepted to help complete the project, he noted, while any additional funds needed will come from the Knights’ previous fund-raising efforts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' - 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466