Manchester airport remains in dark over solar-panel glare solution
The $3.5 million solar panel installation, the largest in New Hampshire, was paid for with a federal grant and is designed to power the parking garage and sky bridge that lead to the airport terminal. In the summer, the airport sells excess electricity to Public Service of New Hampshire.
Ever since the glare emerged, the firm has been working with the airport, O'Neill said.
The next step is for the firm and its insurance company to present the ideas on how to solve the glare issue, O'Neill said. The firm could either agree with repositioning the panels or suggest another solution.
But the plan calls for adding another 180 panels, so the energy output — 560,000 to 575,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a year — will remain the same, he said.
O'Neill said the consultants and working group are moving into the second phase of discussions, which involve who has to pay to correct the problem. The price tag would also include $34,800 for work done by the MIT/Volpe group.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 10
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 1
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving