Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football team ranked 8th nationally
The Wildcats are ranked eighth in the FCS Coaches Preseason Poll, which was released Tuesday. The Wildcats were ranked No. 12 last season before the season started and finished the year ranked 13th.
Two-time national champion North Dakota State is the preseason No. 1 team for the second straight season.
The Wildcats will host No. 9 Villanova on Oct. 9 at noon and hit the road to play No. 12 Towson (Oct. 5, 12 p.m.) and No. 13 Stony Brook (Oct. 26, 4 p.m.). James Madison, ranked 15th, travels to Durham on Nov. 9 for a 12:30 p.m. contest.
UNH plays its home opener against defending Patriot League champion Colgate on Saturday, Sept. 14, at noon at Cowell Stadium. For season and individual game tickets, visit www.unhwildcats.com or call 862-4000, Ext. 5.
1. North Dakota State 14-1 1; 2. Montana State 11-2; 3. Eastern Washington 11-3; 4. Sam Houston State 11-4; 5. Wofford 9-4; 6. Central Arkansas 9-3; 7. South Dakota State 9-4; 8. New Hampshire 8-4; 9. Villanova 8-4; 10. Illinois State 9-4; 11. Cal Poly 9-3; 12. Towson 7-4; 13. Stony Brook 10-3; 14. Richmond 8-3; 15. James Madison 7-4; 16. Northern Iowa 5-6; 17. Lehigh 10-1; 18. Northern Arizona 8-2; 19. Eastern Kentucky 8-3; 20. Bethune-Cookman 9-3; 21. Coastal Carolina 8-5; 22. Montana 6-2 (final six games vacated); 23. Eastern Illinois 7-5; 24. Youngstown State 7-4; 25. Chattanooga 6-5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass