Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football team ranked 8th nationally
The Wildcats are ranked eighth in the FCS Coaches Preseason Poll, which was released Tuesday. The Wildcats were ranked No. 12 last season before the season started and finished the year ranked 13th.
Two-time national champion North Dakota State is the preseason No. 1 team for the second straight season.
The Wildcats will host No. 9 Villanova on Oct. 9 at noon and hit the road to play No. 12 Towson (Oct. 5, 12 p.m.) and No. 13 Stony Brook (Oct. 26, 4 p.m.). James Madison, ranked 15th, travels to Durham on Nov. 9 for a 12:30 p.m. contest.
UNH plays its home opener against defending Patriot League champion Colgate on Saturday, Sept. 14, at noon at Cowell Stadium. For season and individual game tickets, visit www.unhwildcats.com or call 862-4000, Ext. 5.
1. North Dakota State 14-1 1; 2. Montana State 11-2; 3. Eastern Washington 11-3; 4. Sam Houston State 11-4; 5. Wofford 9-4; 6. Central Arkansas 9-3; 7. South Dakota State 9-4; 8. New Hampshire 8-4; 9. Villanova 8-4; 10. Illinois State 9-4; 11. Cal Poly 9-3; 12. Towson 7-4; 13. Stony Brook 10-3; 14. Richmond 8-3; 15. James Madison 7-4; 16. Northern Iowa 5-6; 17. Lehigh 10-1; 18. Northern Arizona 8-2; 19. Eastern Kentucky 8-3; 20. Bethune-Cookman 9-3; 21. Coastal Carolina 8-5; 22. Montana 6-2 (final six games vacated); 23. Eastern Illinois 7-5; 24. Youngstown State 7-4; 25. Chattanooga 6-5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Samuel N. Bell, 'inaugurating great enterprises' - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The talented and influential Bell family - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer: A life lived for the sake of art - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Edward Custer, Swiss immigrant to Manchester, shines as an artist - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Gale Home for Aged and Destitute Women still fills a need - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Tale of Manchester's Mary Gale - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame de Lourdes School of Nursing — a legacy of service - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The Notre Dame nursing school fostered excellence and compassion - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: A West Side hospital and nursing school are born - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event