Home » News » Public Safety
Three Manchester police officers honored for going above and beyond
It was 11:40 p.m. on March 28 when Officer Robert Megowen was sent to 658 Rimmon St. for a garage fire.
When he arrived, fire already enveloped the garage and was spreading rapidly to an adjoining triple-decker apartment building.
On March 5, two other officers — Michael Dunlap and Richard Valenti Jr. — risked their lives when they waded 15 feet into the Merrimack River to rescue a woman who was sitting up to her neck in the 40-degree river. When Dunlap first saw the reportedly suicidal woman in the river near Arms Park, he quickly grabbed the life-saving orange disk in the trunk of his cruiser and ran to the river's edge to assist Valenti, who already was there attempting to talk to the woman.
Officer Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. also was presented a Certificate of Recognition for his exemplary performance in assisting the training unit with employment background investigations while also doing his primary duties as a traffic investigator.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax