Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Fish and Game officer dies after Wolfeboro motorcycle crash
Abrams, who was 49, was in the special care unit of the Maine Medical Center in Portland and died shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jordan said.
Radio station WMWV reported that Abrams lost control of a 2013 Harley Davidson while riding down a steep hill in Wolfeboro. He hit his head when he landed in a nearby field and was apparently not wearing a helmet.
Abrams has been with Fish and Game since 1990 and is the sergeant and assistant district chief at District No. 2, which is based in New Hampton.
“He was a real solid individual,” Jordan said. “He loved the job.”
He was an assistant team leader on the Advanced Search and Rescue Team and was a member of the Fish and Game dive team.
Jordan said Abrams leaves a wife and two children.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax