Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Fish and Game officer dies after Wolfeboro motorcycle crash
Abrams, who was 49, was in the special care unit of the Maine Medical Center in Portland and died shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jordan said.
Radio station WMWV reported that Abrams lost control of a 2013 Harley Davidson while riding down a steep hill in Wolfeboro. He hit his head when he landed in a nearby field and was apparently not wearing a helmet.
Abrams has been with Fish and Game since 1990 and is the sergeant and assistant district chief at District No. 2, which is based in New Hampton.
“He was a real solid individual,” Jordan said. “He loved the job.”
He was an assistant team leader on the Advanced Search and Rescue Team and was a member of the Fish and Game dive team.
Jordan said Abrams leaves a wife and two children.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 9
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen