Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Fish and Game officer dies after Wolfeboro motorcycle crash
Abrams, who was 49, was in the special care unit of the Maine Medical Center in Portland and died shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jordan said.
Radio station WMWV reported that Abrams lost control of a 2013 Harley Davidson while riding down a steep hill in Wolfeboro. He hit his head when he landed in a nearby field and was apparently not wearing a helmet.
Abrams has been with Fish and Game since 1990 and is the sergeant and assistant district chief at District No. 2, which is based in New Hampton.
“He was a real solid individual,” Jordan said. “He loved the job.”
He was an assistant team leader on the Advanced Search and Rescue Team and was a member of the Fish and Game dive team.
Jordan said Abrams leaves a wife and two children.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'