Mother says she'll fight for right to pray outside Concord school
Bates said he is assisting Liza Urena in the selection of a lawyer to pursue the case.
"I forgave them in my heart and I asked my daughter to forgive them too," she said. "I decided I would pray for them and all the people in the school." Urena said she began her prayers each day at 7 a.m., well before the start of the school day at 7:30, and was finished within 15 minutes.
"The principal and other people said to me, 'Thank you for praying for us,'" she said, "Everything was good until those people reached out from another state,"
Bates said several groups have offered to provide an attorney to represent Urena in a suit claiming her right to free exercise of religion was violated when Rath told her she could no longer pray on the high school steps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Credit union donates to Honor Flight - 0
- Veterans Briefs: Post 2 events - 0
- Pinkerton freshmen say thanks in cards to veterans - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Weare American Legion plans annual turkey raffle - 0
- Author says Dover's Veterans Day ceremony inspired her book - 0
- Veteran challenges today's youths to greatness - 0
- Whitefield marks Veterans Day by giving thanks for tank - 0
- Grateful for their service, Nashua salutes its veterans - 0
- Fallen Marine, family honored at Peterborough Veterans Day ceremony - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 4
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection