Mother says she'll fight for right to pray outside Concord school
Bates said he is assisting Liza Urena in the selection of a lawyer to pursue the case.
"I forgave them in my heart and I asked my daughter to forgive them too," she said. "I decided I would pray for them and all the people in the school." Urena said she began her prayers each day at 7 a.m., well before the start of the school day at 7:30, and was finished within 15 minutes.
"The principal and other people said to me, 'Thank you for praying for us,'" she said, "Everything was good until those people reached out from another state,"
Bates said several groups have offered to provide an attorney to represent Urena in a suit claiming her right to free exercise of religion was violated when Rath told her she could no longer pray on the high school steps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua