Mother says she'll fight for right to pray outside Concord school
Bates said he is assisting Liza Urena in the selection of a lawyer to pursue the case.
"I forgave them in my heart and I asked my daughter to forgive them too," she said. "I decided I would pray for them and all the people in the school." Urena said she began her prayers each day at 7 a.m., well before the start of the school day at 7:30, and was finished within 15 minutes.
"The principal and other people said to me, 'Thank you for praying for us,'" she said, "Everything was good until those people reached out from another state,"
Bates said several groups have offered to provide an attorney to represent Urena in a suit claiming her right to free exercise of religion was violated when Rath told her she could no longer pray on the high school steps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466