Northern Pass project hosts first open house in Millsfield
The open house was the first in a series that will be held for residents along the proposed route. Northern Pass is proposing the 1,200-megawatt transmission line go through Millsfield and neighboring Dixville, both unincorporated places in Coos County.
Mark McCullock and Chelsea Petereit of Stratford, whose property was in the path of the transmission line on the earlier proposed route, were among those asked to wait outside.
Skelton said the couple was welcome to come in after the Millsfield and Dixville residents were served.
Emile Croteau and Bob Rodrigue are from Berlin, but have camps in Millsfield and Dummer.
"I thought it was well-done and very informative," Rodrigue said.
Bill Schomburg of Columbia had a different opinion.
"It was highly structured and heavy on the propaganda," he said. He said he could not get a definitive answer on some questions, including the origin of the materials used to build the line.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate