Northern Pass project hosts first open house in Millsfield
The open house was the first in a series that will be held for residents along the proposed route. Northern Pass is proposing the 1,200-megawatt transmission line go through Millsfield and neighboring Dixville, both unincorporated places in Coos County.
Mark McCullock and Chelsea Petereit of Stratford, whose property was in the path of the transmission line on the earlier proposed route, were among those asked to wait outside.
Skelton said the couple was welcome to come in after the Millsfield and Dixville residents were served.
Emile Croteau and Bob Rodrigue are from Berlin, but have camps in Millsfield and Dummer.
"I thought it was well-done and very informative," Rodrigue said.
Bill Schomburg of Columbia had a different opinion.
"It was highly structured and heavy on the propaganda," he said. He said he could not get a definitive answer on some questions, including the origin of the materials used to build the line.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Natural gas bills almost double - 5
- Fuller Oil customers frustrated once more - 13
- Support for solar project in Monadnock Region sought - 0
- Iberdrola must file new application for Wild Meadows project - 1
- Heating pellets prove to be in short supply in NH - 13
- Wind farm firm puts application on hold to address safety issues at Groton site - 5
- Groton resident settles with wind farm company - 0
- Advertising campaign pushes for underground Northern Pass - 1
- Report: Gas pipeline not enough to avert New England energy crisis - 23
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus