Northern Pass project hosts first open house in Millsfield
The open house was the first in a series that will be held for residents along the proposed route. Northern Pass is proposing the 1,200-megawatt transmission line go through Millsfield and neighboring Dixville, both unincorporated places in Coos County.
Mark McCullock and Chelsea Petereit of Stratford, whose property was in the path of the transmission line on the earlier proposed route, were among those asked to wait outside.
Skelton said the couple was welcome to come in after the Millsfield and Dixville residents were served.
Emile Croteau and Bob Rodrigue are from Berlin, but have camps in Millsfield and Dummer.
"I thought it was well-done and very informative," Rodrigue said.
Bill Schomburg of Columbia had a different opinion.
"It was highly structured and heavy on the propaganda," he said. He said he could not get a definitive answer on some questions, including the origin of the materials used to build the line.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A Revolutionary War descendant became the paper's original 'tree hugger' - 2
- Newspapers save democracy, one edition at a time - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Bradlee, B.J. and a heavenly forgiveness - 1
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 6
- No Columbus Day celebration, but we'll always have our Festivus poles - 3
- You don't have to be a kid to earn a time-out for your actions - 4
- Publisher's Notebook: Cigars, memories and bending phones - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Not every human gets elected, but that chicken certainly pecked away at the legal system - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll