Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Belmont man arraigned in robbery of Concord Moose Club
A probable cause hearing was set Aug. 15 for Harold L. Williams, 66, of 14 Country View Drive. After he surrendered to police Sunday night, Williams was released on $100,000 personal recognizance bail, with conditions barring him from the lodge and from contact with the alleged robbery victim, and requiring him to remain in the custody of his daughter at all times.
Court documents show the robbery victim said Williams, whom he did not know by name, came into the lodge Sunday morning for coffee and to use the bathroom, as he did most days at the same time for the same thing.
David Charlton told police that the coffee wasn't ready, so Williams asked for a can of Coke and paid for it with a drink ticket. Charlton said Williams went back to his vehicle for cigarettes and when he returned, tried to use the ATM in the club to request an account balance, but the request was declined, according to the receipt he left behind on the bar.
Court documents show Charlton said he was counting a large amount of money, preparing for the day, when the robber, after finishing his drink and cigarette, approached him with a folding knife in his right hand and said: "Put all the money in the bag."
But before Charlton could do so, he said, the man grabbed a handful of money from the bar and left, driving south in a gray station wagon. Charlton later calculated the amount taken was $776.
Court documents show surveillance video of the entire incident enabled patrons and employees to identify Williams and when officers went to his previous address in Loudon, Williams' daughter said her father had stopped by Sunday and told her the Moose Lodge had been robbed.
The court documents show Williams' daughter told police her father was not himself lately.
In court, Williams' daughter told Judge Gerard Boyle the same thing. "He's not thinking well," she said. She said she was taking him from court to Concord Hospital for an evaluation, prompting Boyle to say he would delay issuing a court-ordered evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483