Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Trooper unravels speeder's tall tale of dying father
The trooper let her continue on the F.E. Everett Turnpike, where she was allegedly clocked at 82 mph in a posted 65 mph zone.
But then he did a little checking and discovered CMC did not have a patient under the name Carley Williams, 28, had provided, and that Williams' father had died in 2008.
On Sunday afternoon, the trooper went to Williams' home and arrested her for driving with a suspended registration and speeding.
State police said when confronted with her father's obituary, Williams continued to be deceptive but ultimately admitted it was his.
She was booked at the Nashua police station and released on personal recognizance bail.
What's next: Williams is to be arraigned Sept. 5 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483