Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Trooper unravels speeder's tall tale of dying father
The trooper let her continue on the F.E. Everett Turnpike, where she was allegedly clocked at 82 mph in a posted 65 mph zone.
But then he did a little checking and discovered CMC did not have a patient under the name Carley Williams, 28, had provided, and that Williams' father had died in 2008.
On Sunday afternoon, the trooper went to Williams' home and arrested her for driving with a suspended registration and speeding.
State police said when confronted with her father's obituary, Williams continued to be deceptive but ultimately admitted it was his.
She was booked at the Nashua police station and released on personal recognizance bail.
What's next: Williams is to be arraigned Sept. 5 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424