Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Trooper unravels speeder's tall tale of dying father
The trooper let her continue on the F.E. Everett Turnpike, where she was allegedly clocked at 82 mph in a posted 65 mph zone.
But then he did a little checking and discovered CMC did not have a patient under the name Carley Williams, 28, had provided, and that Williams' father had died in 2008.
On Sunday afternoon, the trooper went to Williams' home and arrested her for driving with a suspended registration and speeding.
State police said when confronted with her father's obituary, Williams continued to be deceptive but ultimately admitted it was his.
She was booked at the Nashua police station and released on personal recognizance bail.
What's next: Williams is to be arraigned Sept. 5 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 30
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424