Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Trooper unravels speeder's tall tale of dying father
The trooper let her continue on the F.E. Everett Turnpike, where she was allegedly clocked at 82 mph in a posted 65 mph zone.
But then he did a little checking and discovered CMC did not have a patient under the name Carley Williams, 28, had provided, and that Williams' father had died in 2008.
On Sunday afternoon, the trooper went to Williams' home and arrested her for driving with a suspended registration and speeding.
State police said when confronted with her father's obituary, Williams continued to be deceptive but ultimately admitted it was his.
She was booked at the Nashua police station and released on personal recognizance bail.
What's next: Williams is to be arraigned Sept. 5 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483