Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Woman arrested in Salem with 21 cans of crab meat, steaks worth hundreds of dollars
Marissa Rodriguez, of Lawrence, Mass., was charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of willful concealment and identity fraud for allegedly taking hundreds of dollars worth of food from Shaw's and Walmart on Friday, police said.
Rodriguez was found with 21 cans of crabmeat from a Shaw's supermarket on Route 28 in Salem, but police found $198 worth of steaks and clothing taken from a Walmart inside her car as well, according to police.
Police believe Rodriguez had stolen the food and clothing at the Walmart store, also located on Route 28, just prior to her arrest.
Police were called to Shaw's around 2:30 p.m. Friday to detain Rodriguez, where she was found in possession with the cans of crab meat.
She is suspected of carrying out several prior thefts of crab meat at the same supermarket, police said.
All of the cards had an alias with the name "Rosanna Guerrero,"? police said.
Rodriguez was held on $3,000 cash bail pending her arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
The identity fraud charge is a class A felony, punishable by 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison. The receiving stolen property charge carries a similar sentence. The remaining charges are misdemeanors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 0
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917