The Swim raises money for Squam Lake loon research
The relay team completed a seven-mile swim across Squam Lake from the Squam Channel in Holderness to the Sandwich Town Beach in about six hours during this eighth annual event known simply as "The Swim." Swimmers were blessed with decent weather after an early morning rainstorm had passed.
Most members of this year's swim team are veterans of the event. Swimmer Lisa Davy was a newbie.
"I've been wanting to do this for four years," she said after she reached the beach. "It was really fun, an awesome experience."
The Swim enables ongoing research, he said.
"And the great thing about this, it's not just the money we raise — it's also the awareness we raise through this event — by people talking to other people about The Swim, it gets the word out that there's an issue on Squam," Vogel said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Win tickets to see Linkin Park