College Notebook: Six to be inducted into PSU Athletic Hall of Fame
This will mark the 29th group inducted. They are: Steve Colonna, Tony Martinez, Russ Massahos, Pat McNamara, Lilly Silva and Traci Walker Griffith.
A Derry native, Massahos (2002) was a four-year starting running back for the Panthers. He was a three-time Freedom Football Conference All-Star and ranks third on PSU's career rushing list.
The Hall of Fame activities will take place at The Common Man Inn in Plymouth at 5 p.m. (reception) followed by dinner at 6 p.m. and the induction ceremony at 7 p.m.
Colby-Sawyer athletic director Deb McGrath has announced the hiring of Craig Wilkinson as the new head coach of the men's soccer program.
Wilkinson takes over a program that had a 7-12-1 record in its first two seasons in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC). The 2013 season will open at home against Elms on Aug. 31 and the first NAC game will be Sept. 28 at Johnson State.
Steven Delahanty (Auburn), a Manchester Memorial graduate, completed his senior year with the Nichols College men's lacrosse team in June. Delahanty was a four-year member of the team and for the second year in a row was named to the All-Academic Team for the Commonwealth Coast Conference.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 32
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
A chief walks: No charges in New London
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840